Learn WordPress The Power Behind 4.9% of All Websites

If you are interested in learning how to create and maintain WordPress websites, it's helpful to first understand the rich history behind it. What started in 2003 as a small open-source blogging tool has exploded into the largest full content management system used by more than 60 million websites. Pageviews went from zero in 2006 to an all-time high of 19,736,582,608 in January 2015. WordPress began as a tool to enhance website typography for bloggers and has since evolved into a full-service, simple to use personal publishing tool used by millions. WordPress has created a platform which will accommodate 80% of a user's needs with plug-ins, widgets, and themes numbering in the thousands, allowing the user to customize the other 20%.

There is no easier way to learn WordPress

If you really want to expand your knowledge and understand WordPress, you need to learn how to install and maintain WordPress from scratch. If you have never downloaded and extracted the zip, set up a database and gone through the entire process from start to finish, you could learn so much with vcSlate! We have made it easier than ever with our step by step guides and seamlessly integrated Cloud hosting.

The hallmark of WordPress is that it is available under an open source license. Free software must allow the user to run the program for any purpose, manipulate the program in any way, redistribute the program, and redistribute any changes to the program. The WordPress source code is available to any user as a precondition to these freedoms. WordPress only employs about 229 people but has hundreds of volunteer contributors who are constantly updating the source code, as many as 80 times per day.

Today, WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use with more than 60 million websites. Out of every 100 domains registered in the U.S., 22 of them will be run on WordPress. And it is not just the U.S. loving the software; blogs are published in 120 languages with Spanish, Portuguese, Indonesian, and Italian in the top 5. The ease of using WordPress is reflected in these statistics. WordPress was created with the premise that the end user was not a technological master. The average user wants to write and publish content without having to know about AJAX or PHP.

WordPress.org is not to be confused with Wordpress.com. WordPress.com is a hosting service for WordPress websites. Blogs and websites can be hosted on other services while still using the WordPress platform. WordPress.org is where the community works on the software and where it can be downloaded for use. WordPress.com accounts for 18.9% of all self-hosted websites. Every minute, close to 342 new posts are published on WordPress.com blogs.

As of January 2015, WordPress was used by more than 23.3% of the top 10 million websites. Over 409 million people view more than 17.6 billion pages each month according to the WordPress website (March 2015). Users produce about 61.6 million new posts and 56.5 million new comments each month. The plug-in database is over 29,000 with over 260 million downloads. A new plug-in is added every hour.

With an elegant design, WordPress is easy to use, functional, and customizable. These are a few of the reasons millions of website creators choose WordPress to power blogs, portals, enterprise websites, and applications.

Learn WordPress on our Integrated Platform:
cPanel & AWStats
Cloud Hosted Subdomain
RAID-10 SSD Storage
Apache 2.4
PHP 5.5
MySQL 5.5
Nightly Offsite Backups
US & European Datacenters


Plus learn HTML5 and CSS3